Being in charge of your own business is perhaps a dream for many of you out there and if you have still not decided on how to set up a good business, here’s one for you!
Carpet cleaning business are booming across the country and not without reason. More and more homes have occupants working all week long leaving them with very little time to attend to the cleaning of homes. Also, there are more shops, commercial establishments and offices that need carpet cleaning assistance.
A carpet cleaning business when set up, organized and run well can be turn into a profit earning business. Here is all that you need to know how to set up a successful carpet cleaning business.
1. In the first place you need to decide whether you want to go solo or take up a franchise of an already well-known cleaner’s name. There are pros and cons in both cases. If you are a fresher and wish to invest in the business under the care and guidance of an expert, it is better to opt for a franchise.
In this case you will get the basic training about the day-to-day running of the business and also can share the advertising costs with the parent company. You are also likely to get help on hiring staff and with their training. Most importantly, you get to use the brand name of a reputed company that will help you earn revenues almost immediately.
On the flip-side, you will have to share the revenues with the parent company. You may feel the pinch at the end of the month when you have paid all salaries and expenses and end up with little profits especially at the beginning.
If you are a veteran of the trade having worked with a carpet cleaning company, it is much easier for you to go solo. You will already know the latest tricks and techniques of the trade and also the target areas where you can get more customers.
All of the professional knowledge will surely help you jump start even though you may want to start on a smaller basis in the beginning. As your profit margins increase, you may want to hire more hands and increase the equipment to cater to a larger clientele.
2. Decide and concentrate on a target market during the initial days. There are small homes and large residential ones, small shops and offices that need regular carpet cleaning and large malls and corporate establishments with similar needs. Decide on the segment that you will cater to, invest in the staff, equipment and advertisement accordingly.
3. Training on the latest carpet cleaning methods are crucial and the key to earning repeat and also referred customers. People are looking for economical yet quality services from companies. You and your staff must be able to satisfy the clients giving them clean living and working environments.
4. Buying the correct equipment is the next big step that will define the success of your business. Depending on the type of cleaning that you are going to do, the methods are going to differ. Likewise, you will be in need of specific equipment that you need to sort out and buy.
Make sure to choose and use of Eco-friendly cleaning products as customers prefer to work and live in toxin-free and pet-friendly environments.
5. Go about promoting your company in the locality both physically and also online. Posters, handouts and banners will help the neighborhood know of your new business and the plans that you offer. It is always good to have flexible plans for your customers as people are happy to receive customized services and charges.
6. It is almost imperative that you build a good web presence in the form of a website. Competition is high in the sector and how much ever you advertise in other forms, people will always want to make queries and bookings online. Having a website will also help you advertise to a larger customer group and expanding your business in future will become easier.
7. Make sure that the papers for your new carpet cleaning business all done and in place. Doing business requires peace of mind when it comes to dealing with the administration concerning licenses and permissions. If you are not confident about doing the necessary research independently, take help of companies or individual consultants that help in setting up businesses concerning the registration and paperwork part.
Armed with the tips and tricks of the trade, you can now surge ahead to be the master of your own trade and carpet cleaning business.
Good Luck and happy cleaning!!!